Trustee (Education sector)
Talk the Talk (TTT) is a national education charity and the UK’s largest provider of oracy interventions. Workshops improve the educational, emotional, and professional outcomes of students – helping them become confident communicators for life.
TTT is looking for new trustees with a range of experiences, including finance, fundraising, communications, and education. TTT has recently undergone significant change and the next 12 months will be a complex, critical, and exciting stage of the journey.
TTT grew out of Herefordshire, where the current Director and Chair of Trustees reside; however, the company now operates remote-first. Most trustee and staff meetings are video conferences, but there is an appetite to increase face-to-face contact.
Initially, trustees should be available for monthly meetings (reducing to quarterly) and able to dedicate several hours a month to providing coaching and support to the Chair and staff.
- Help guide the strategic direction of the charity
- Hold the Chair and Director to account
- Monitor and appraise commercial and financial performance
- Provide operational support for relevant activities through sub-committees and direct interaction with the managing director and team
- Represent and advocate for the charity externally
- Ensure effective governance
- Professional experience gained in: accounting, finance, marketing and communications, business development in the education sector, teaching and education, fundraising, HR
- Knowledge of the UK education and third sector
- Strong commercial acumen
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Former experience working with or as part of a Board of Trustees
- Knowledge of charity governance structures and legal obligations
- Volunteer role, however, an opportunity to gain strategic, board-level experience and take a leading role in contributing to a great cause
- Reasonable expenses covered
- Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline 10th December.
- First interviews will be held remotely.